The Federal Bar Association (dota2菠菜外围网) recognizes diversity as a core value that is fundamental to the justice system. It is our responsibility and privilege as judges, practitioners, and law students to ensure that our profession actively includes, provides equal opportunity to, and welcomes participation by all individuals, regardless of sex, race, gender, ethnicity, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, military and veteran status, and any other unique attribute. The dota2菠菜外围网 is committed to fulfilling this responsibility in all aspects of our organization and the greater legal profession.
Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Federal Bar Association’s Diversity and Inclusion webpage!
My name is Lisa Mon’a Brown Kpor, and I am the Chair of the dota2菠菜外围网’s Diversity and Inclusion Standing Committee.
The Diversity and Inclusion Standing Committee is comprised of federal judges, practitioners, and law students who are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the dota2菠菜外围网 and the greater legal community. The Committee is organized into five subcommittees in order to efficiently perform our mission and advance our goals. These subcommittees are focused on (1) communications, (2) membership, (3) infrastructure, (4) leadership, and (5) outreach. Members of a Judicial Advisory Panel, a Corporate Advisory Panel, and a federal law clerk working group also provide guidance and support to the Committee.
This webpage highlights the following resources related to the projects, events, and publications sponsored and organized by the Committee:
- D&I Standing Committee – A list of current members of the Committee, the Judicial Advisory Panel, and the Corporate Advisory Panel.
- D&I Publications – A list of publications issued by the Committee, which include a blog, action plan, accessibility manual, and an annual report.
- Profiles in D&I Leadership – A list of articles prepared by members of the Committee who interviewed leaders on the Corporate Advisory Panel.
- D&I Multimedia Videos – A list of videos, include a video series for the dota2菠菜外围网’s Centennial Celebration of the 19th Amendment and videos filmed by the Federal Magistrate Judges Association’s Diversity Committee.
- D&I Programs and Initiatives – A list of Committee programs, including:
- The D&I Speakers Bureau – A database in which those who are interested in serving as speakers and authors on a wide range of substantive topics issues can identify themselves as diverse lawyers.
- D&I Pilot Chapter Program – A program where 11 chapters were selected to advance diversity and inclusion within their own local chapters using the Chapter Model Plan for Diversity and Inclusion.
- The Hon. Constance Baker Motley Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Young Member Essay Writing Competition – An essay competition created to promote the legacy of Chief Judge Baker Motley by encouraging law students and younger federal practitioners to promote and sustain diversity, equity, and inclusion in the profession.
- D&I Affinity Bars – A list of diverse affinity groups that have partnered with the Committee in various capacities.
- Resources for Being a Proactive Influence for Positive Change – A robust list of pro bono and legal resources, literature for allies, organizations seeking volunteers and other resources.
- Lift Up Leaders Mentorship Program – A program that offers a space for a vibrant discussion between law students, newer practitioners or lawyers seeking a career transition with seasoned professionals while cultivating a pipeline for diversity, equity, and inclusion leaders to continue to advance the association’s commitment to become a diverse and inclusive association.
We hope that these programs will give you a glimpse of the work the Committee has accomplished. Even more, we trust that you will join us as we embark on a journey to lead the organization in fulfilling its responsibility by advancing diversity, equity and inclusion, both within the dota2菠菜外围网, and in the broader legal community.
If you have any question regarding the Committee, our efforts, or D&I events and programs, please feel free to contact Yvonne Cockram at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting our Committee webpage!
Lisa Mon’a Brown Kpor